Financial Aid


While no institutional scholarships are available, Concordia welcomes any outside scholarships you receive to help pay your tuition costs.

Your financial aid package will be adjusted if errors are discovered or if additional funds from outside sources are received. Outside sources include tuition reimbursements from your employer, military payments, congregational sources, or other scholarships and grants.

You will receive notification via your email account instructing you where to go online to view and accept your award letter. More detailed instructions can be found on the portal. Loan funds will not be released until all requirements are completed.

Federal Direct Stafford Loans are available to eligible students who file the FAFSA and complete our Financial Aid Application.

About the FAFSA

  • A student must file the FAFSA form each academic year in order to receive federal loan proceeds.
  • Concordia University, Nebraska’s FAFSA code is 002541 and is entered on your FAFSA in step 6.
  • You don’t have to be admitted to Concordia to submit your FAFSA, but you do have to be admitted to receive financial aid

The TEACH Grant Program

Concordia is participating in the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program.  The program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to students who agree to serve as a full-time teacher in a high-need field (see #2 below for eligible programs at CU) for four years in a public or private elementary school, secondary school or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families.  You must teach for at least four academic years within eight calendar years of completing the program of study for which you receive a TEACH Grant.

Steps to apply for the TEACH Grant: 

(The requirements below must be completed in this order)

  1. File the FAFSA
  2. Complete the TEACH Grant Interest Form and send to Concordia University Financial Aid Office.
  3. Complete the TEACH Grant Entrance Counseling 
  4. CUNE Financial Aid Director originates TEACH Grant with the government – then notifies student to do step 5
  5. Student completes Agreement to Serve form

Pell Grants 

Degree Completion students may be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.  To qualify, the FAFSA must be filed.  Pell grants are determined by a student’s EFC from the FAFSA.

Veterans/Military Benefits

Students who are eligible for Veterans/Military benefits including, but not limited to VA, GI Bill, Post 9/11, Yellow Ribbon and National Guard benefits should contact their local benefits office to apply. Please contact your local military office or website for benefit information.

Direct deposit

A student may set up a direct deposit for the refund of excess loan money by completing the “Direct Deposit Authorization Form” found on the portal.

Grade of Incomplete

No financial aid will be disbursed to a student who has an “I” (incomplete grade from a previous term. The incomplete must be converted into a grade before any loans or other federal funds are disbursed.

Loan Repayment

Loan Repayment Info Concordia’s Financial Aid Policies

Deferred Tuition Agreement

Defer course tuition payment until after a course is completed if you are receiving tuition reimbursement from your employer. A fee per term applies to use this option.

Agreement policy Agreement worksheet

Direct Billing to a Third-Party for Payment

If you have an outside scholarship source or an employer who requires that Concordia directly bill for payment, please contact the Graduate Financial Aid Office for details and forms.

Withdrawal from a class or from the program

When you are considering withdrawal from a class or from the program, you must complete the Student Withdrawal Form found on the portal.

If you have financial aid and withdraw, aid will be adjusted according to Federal policies. This may leave a balance due on your account. Before making the final decision to withdraw, you consult with the Program Director and Financial Aid Office to better understand all your options.