International Requirements

Next Steps for International Students After Being Accepted to Concordia

Once you are accepted to Concordia, you will need to complete several more steps to enroll and begin attending. Your admission counselor is available to help you with all steps in this process. Please let him or her know how to help you:

Visa Status

Complete and return the Visa Status Information form.

Financial Verification

Complete and return the Financial Verification form (choose applicable form: undergraduate or graduate).*

Bank Statements

Send in bank statement(s). The statements must show a positive balance equal to or greater than the remaining balance owed to Concordia for the student’s first year. Balance is determined by deducting all grants and scholarships received from Concordia from tuition, room and board cost. If student cannot produce bank statement(s) to cover the balance, admission will be revoked.

Confirmation Deposit

Send your $300 confirmation deposit to Concordia.

Confirmed Student Handbook

Complete the Confirmed Student Handbook forms and return to the Admission Office. Note that all international students are required to show proof of health insurance prior to enrollment.

I-20 Form

Receive I-20 form from Concordia. Take the I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa for undergraduate study at a U.S. embassy or consulate office in your home country.** You will need to submit form I-901 and pay the I-901 fee at

The U.S. State Department/Student Visa website will give you more information about what gaining F-1 student status will involve. Go to Click the Student Visa link, which will share information about these topics:
  • When do I need to apply for my student visa?
  • Qualifying for a student visa
  • Required documentation
  • Entering the U.S., port of entry
  • What is SEVIS and SEVP?
  • Applying for a student visa
  • What are the required visa fees?

On that website, there are direct links to forms, access to paying fees and listings of documentation needed for your embassy visit and entering the U.S. through a port of entry.

*Financial support is required by the United States government for an international student to prove they meet all admissions requirements and can come to the U.S. on an F-1 visa status to engage in academic studies.
**Citizens of Canada or Bermuda do not need to go to a U.S. Embassy for a visa interview, but those students still need to complete form I-901, pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and comply with other U.S. entry procedures.